eDesign or virtual design is professional interior design via a virtual process. Say What?! eDesign is professional interior design via a VIRTUAL process! But what does that mean?!
In this day and age, pretty much EVERYTHING can be done online. You can pay bills, shop, buy a car, get medical advice, and even find the love.of.your.life, all on the world wide web. So why not get professional interior design assistance online?
When I mention eDesign to people I am usually meant with one of two reactions. 1) a blank stare or 2) a nervous smile like I just asked for their social security number and their mothers maiden name. Most have either no idea of what I am talking about or have such a vague idea of the concept that they might as well have no idea.
What it means for you as the client is this.
You have a space in your home that is in desperate of some TLC and you have no idea where to start.. Who you gon’ call?! No, not Ghostbusters, but good guess. Your going to call an interior designer. The interior designer is going to work her magic with your space, just like she would with any other client. Only, the majority of the process is done online. He or she will never set foot in you home. Now, don’t get scared, believe me it is easy, simple, and convenient.
The process is simple, but keep in mind this is my process. Other designers may work differently.
- Purchase your design package.
- After you purchase your package, you will receive a welcome package from me via email. Welcome packet includes:
- Explanation of the eDesign process and instructions.
- Measurement guide (Step by step guide of what measurements I will need.)
- Photography guide (step by step instructions of what photos I will need of your space.)
- eDesign policy (totally not fun, but necessary)
- Contact information
- Login information to your very own design studio where all communications and files will be kept.
Check out my eDesign packages HERE
- After you have signed and approved the eDesign policy and contract, we will schedule your one hour consultation, typically done Via Skype or Facebook Chat. We will discuss your project in depth as well as go over any questions you may have.
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, measurements, and taken photos. I will begin to work my magic.
- With in 2 weeks you will receive your preliminary designs via your design studio. This means floorplan and moodboard.
- At this point you will be able to make revisions.
- After you are head over heels in love with your design. I will finalize all selections.
- You will receive your completed design with in 7 days of your final approval. You will receive:
- Dimensioned floor plan or furniture plan
- Dimensioned Elevations
- Mood board /Color palette
- 3D renderings
- Shopping list
- Step by step installation guide
- Contractor packet (for full kitchen and bath designs only)
- Virtual folder with all relevant warranty information and cleaning/care instruction.
- Finally, we will schedule a follow up call to answer any questions you may have regarding the installation.
Check out my eDesign packages HERE
So who exactly is eDesign perfect for? It is perfect for those who;
- value the affordability of eDesign. Let’s face it, traditional design can be expensive but it also covers a wider range of services. Which translates into longer hours for the designer., equaling more $$$. eDesign can be offered at a more affordable price point because the packages are offering specific areas of design, which allows the designer to complete the project in less hours.
- want the guidance and experience of a professional interior designer to help save you money and avoid costly mistakes.
- want an interior designed by Jessica Lehman Design, but live out of the Somerset/Cambria County Pa areas.
- Live in Somerset/Cambria County Pa but eh, this eDesign things sounds AWESOMMMMEE.
- would like to take a more “DIY” approach to the design of your space. You don’t mind hanging artwork or putting together furniture. OR you know the perfect handyman to help you out!
- need the freedom to complete your project on your own timeline.
- do not have the time to schedule multiple meetings and shopping trips. You just want a blueprint and instructions on where to purchase your materials and how assemble your room.
- cringe everytime you look at your kitchen, bath, or other space in your home and cry tears of desperation and overwhelm.
Now this all sounds good, BUTTTTTT…..
- I am not sure what kind of package I need.
- You have the option to schedule a FREE 30 minute consult before purchasing packages to make sure you are getting exactly what you need AND to see if I am the best designer for you. I also offer al la carte services as well you can view them HERE.
- What happens if I am a tactile person and need physical samples.
- Not an issue, physical samples can be mailed to your or we can find a showroom near your that carries the samples or furniture that you like.
- How can you be sure everything goes together if everything is specified online?
- The majority of the products I specify, I have physical samples of OR access to the samples. On the occassion that I do not have a physical sample, you will be notified.
- What happens if I want to shop local or am uncomfortable purchasing items online?
- Simple! Let me know up front and we will work together finding the products that are available for purchase at locations near you.
- I am uncomfortable measuring and taking the photos.
- The step-by-step guide in your welcome packet makes is super simple and easy. However, if you are still uncomfortable you could have your contractor or handyman help you out.
- I have a tight budget and can not order everything all at once.
- Totally understandable, you can order whenever your budget allows. There are no time constraints.
In my humble opinion, eDesign is the way of the future. You will see more and more it in the coming years. With its affordable, laid back approach to interior design, it is a hard service to pass up! So what are you waiting for?! Let’s get started!